Monday, November 2, 2009

Cute Halloween Tags

Last week my brother, Steve, and sister-in-law, Tracy, stayed up until the wee hours of the morning to make super cute and delicious chocolate pumpkin pops for my nephew, Ben, to take with him to share with the kids at pre-school. While they were slaving away in the kitchen, my mother, Cindy, and I were slaving away in the studio to make some tags for them to tie onto each of the beautifully wrapped treats.

So to make these tags for my 3 year-old nephew, I had to stray from my grungy, distressed look that I tend to lean towards and make something, dare I say.....cutesie. UGH! Actually it was a lot of fun and surprisingly didn't kill me.

I started with plain manilla tags and inked completely with Spiced Mamalade Distress Ink and chalked the edges with Colorbox blackbird chalk. I brought out the Cricut and the Paper Dolls Dressup cartridge to make cute little ghosts and monsters for the tags. I also used Design Studio to weld the letters of each of the kids' and teachers' names using Plantin Schoolbook font, cut in purple and glitzed up with purple stickles (but never got a photo). I added a few stamps and a row of pumpkins cut with the Martha Stewart pumpkins border punch and voila.... something I will admit is super cutesie.



  • Stamps: Inkadinkadoo, Hampton Arts
  • Paper: Bazzill
  • Ink: Ranger Distress Ink: Spiced Marmalade; Versafine: Onyx Black; Colorbox Chalk: Blackbird; Ranger Stickles: Purple
  • Accessories: Tags: Miscellaneous; Martha Stewart Pumpkin Punch; Cricut Paper Dolls Dressup, Cricut Plantin Schoolbook; Floss: DMC

No comments:

Post a Comment