Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Welcome Fall!

This is the time of year that I miss New England desperately! The crisp air, the colored leaves, crunchy Macoun apples.... Oh I miss home this time of year. Now I am in TX, but these past few weeks we have had cooler than normal weather and many rainy days. The leaves aren't changing but at least it is a small bit of fall feeling.

I saw this idea on the Spellbinder's Blog to make a 3-d pumpkin using the Spellbinders Pumpkins Nestabilities. Loved the idea and thought how fun on a fall themed card. I also used an older Spellbinder's Shapeabilities set with the maple and oak leaves and acorn. LOVE that set! I cut and embossed the leaves, colored the stems using the spellbinder as a stencil with Colorbox Chestnut Roan Chalk. I then spritzed the leaves with Tattered Angels Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist to give them a sheen and the large droplets that make them look more realistic.


  • Paper:Pink Paislee - Amber Road Postcards; Cosmo Cricket
  • Ink: Colorbox Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink
  • Accessories: Spellbinders Pumpkins Nestabilities and Leaves Shapeabilities; Cuttlebug Spots and Dots Embossing Folder; Glimmer Mist Iridescent Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment