Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tim Holtz Halloween Tags!!

Well, Tim posted some Halloween tags on his blog and I thought... what a perfect chance to practice some techniques. So I copied several of his tags from his post and then made one of my own design.





Here is my original design. I used the distress ink handle to ink the tag with spiced marmelade distress ink and then added the mask and applied black soot. I stamped the spider web in Black Archival ink and made a charm using a fragment thagt was scuffed upwith sandpaper and then clear embossed the spider web onto it. I added a bit of Cinder Glimmer Mist and a Grungeboard spider. I'm very happy with how this came out.



Here is a tag that I recreated from a sample I saw that was made earlier this month from a class with Tim. The skull is made of UTEE. I found some plastic skulls at Michael's and made a mold and then melted clear UTEE and a small amount of black UTEE. Once the molded skull was cool I covered it in silver alcohol ink. Still waiting on a charm to hang from the bottom of the skull that has been ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment